Stock Chart, News, Articles, and Valuation Data for NetApp, Inc. (NTAP)
Chart and Technical Indicators For NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) Stock
News Articles For NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) StockNETAPP, INC. Files SEC form 10-Q, Quarterly Report
NetApp Extends Relationship With VMware to Drive the Future of Software-Defined Services Delivery Across the Hybrid Cloud
Dell And VMware Find SDN Happiness, Cumulus Networks Acts As Matchmaker
Insider Trading Alert - CHRW, NTAP And SAIA Traded By Insiders
Violin Hopes To Ease The Barriers To Enterprise Adoption Of Flash
What to look for in H-P’s earnings report
Stocks close mixed on renewed geopolitical concerns
NetApp CFO: Value of 'Portfolio' Emerging; Dismisses Financial Engineering
NetApp (NTAP) Marked As A Barbarian At The Gate
Must-know: EMC Corporation’s 2Q14 earnings review
NetApp Q1 Earnings Analyst Report
Berkshire Hathaway tops $200,000; Cisco drops on results
NetApp (NTAP) Shares Up on Q1 Earnings and Revenue Beat
NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) Stock Data Updated: September 3, 2014 4:33 am
Currently, NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) stock is trading at 42.04 and it its valuation is calculated to be 16.87, a potential change of -60 %.
Here is some fundamental data for NTAP which is used to quantify the stock's expected price movement and exploit inefficiencies in the market. In this era of computerized trading, new data tends to be "factored in" within minutes, but news, rumors, and trader mentality tend to skew the resulting price action. As the data is sorted out, prices will return to reasonable valuations.
With regards to pricing ratios, we want to know if the price of NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) stock is low per unit of earnings, sales, and company assets.
- PEG: 2.09 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of earnings growth.
- Price to Sales: 2.12 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of revenue generated.
- Price to Book: 3.67 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of company assets owned.
Considering management effectiveness, quantify whether they operate effectively or are leading the company to failure. To be worth the risk of a long position in the stock, NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) needs to have a high profit margin, cash on hand to pay its operating expenses, and have little debt. Much of the arnings should be reinvested for the purpose of growing the business.
- Return on Equity: 16.10 ... Higher is better, indicating reinvestment in the company's operations.
- Current Ratio: 2.40 ... Higher is better, but figures above 3 indicate poor usage of company assets.
- Ratio of Total Debt to Equity: 0.26 ... Lower is better; debt is a drag on a gompany's ability to make money.
- Profit Margin: 74.64 ... Higher is better, indicating a company's efficiency in generating earnings.
- Dividend Yield: 1.57 ... Higher is better, though a high dividend payout reduces the return on Equity.
Market sentiment is a factor in timing NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) stock trades. While it is advantageous to buy on weakness and sell on strength, trader productivity is lost when buying at the start of a sell-off or selling at the start of a rally. For a reliable measure of market sentiment, look at how heavily NetApp, Inc. (NTAP) is being shorted. Short sellers love stocks that are at risk for declines, and quickly cover at the appearance of support or upside pressure. If the short ratio is small, it is because the market perceives little downside risk. Relative Strength measures the magnitude of a price movement - how strongly the market favors "buying" or "selling" over a specific time.
- Relative Strength Index: 74.64 ... Lower is better, but a low value (below 30) and increasing is best.
- Short Ratio: 2.53 ... Lower is better. Best to wait for a decrease in shorting activity before opening a long position.
After reviewing the above data on NetApp, Inc. (NTAP), do a thorough review of SEC filings, press releases, forum posts, and compare it to its peers before trading its stock. In the bisiness of stock trading, there is never enough timely information - keep researching!