Stock Chart, News, Articles, and Valuation Data for Gerdau S.A. (GGB)
Chart and Technical Indicators For Gerdau S.A. (GGB) Stock
News Articles For Gerdau S.A. (GGB) StockLatest Brazil Election Poll: Silva Lead Narrows
U.S. Steel, Nucor Lead Sector Surge
Gerdau S.A. -- Moody's comments that Gerdau's announcement of the agreement to sell Gallatin Steel in the USA has no impact on the company's Baa3 ratings.
Nucor's New Buy To Boost Flat-Rolled Capacity By 16%
3 Stocks Pushing The Basic Materials Sector Lower
Sell These 5 Toxic Stocks Before It's Too Late
Insteel Looking At Several Ways To Build Share Value
3 Stocks Driving The Metals & Mining Industry Higher
SABESP Significant Downside Risk
Brazil: Rate Seen On Hold As Inflation, Politics Intensify
Gerdau S.A. (GGB) Stock Data Updated: September 21, 2014 2:02 am
Currently, Gerdau S.A. (GGB) stock is trading at 5.35 and it its valuation is calculated to be 6.36, a potential change of 19 %.
Here is some fundamental data for GGB which is used to quantify the stock's expected price movement and exploit inefficiencies in the market. In this era of computerized trading, new data tends to be "factored in" within minutes, but news, rumors, and trader mentality tend to skew the resulting price action. As the data is sorted out, prices will return to reasonable valuations.
With regards to pricing ratios, we want to know if the price of Gerdau S.A. (GGB) stock is low per unit of earnings, sales, and company assets.
- PEG: 0.88 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of earnings growth.
- Price to Sales: 0.48 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of revenue generated.
- Price to Book: 0.68 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of company assets owned.
Considering management effectiveness, quantify whether they operate effectively or are leading the company to failure. To be worth the risk of a long position in the stock, Gerdau S.A. (GGB) needs to have a high profit margin, cash on hand to pay its operating expenses, and have little debt. Much of the arnings should be reinvested for the purpose of growing the business.
- Return on Equity: 6.00 ... Higher is better, indicating reinvestment in the company's operations.
- Current Ratio: 2.80 ... Higher is better, but figures above 3 indicate poor usage of company assets.
- Ratio of Total Debt to Equity: 0.56 ... Lower is better; debt is a drag on a gompany's ability to make money.
- Profit Margin: 34.75 ... Higher is better, indicating a company's efficiency in generating earnings.
- Dividend Yield: 1.68 ... Higher is better, though a high dividend payout reduces the return on Equity.
Market sentiment is a factor in timing Gerdau S.A. (GGB) stock trades. While it is advantageous to buy on weakness and sell on strength, trader productivity is lost when buying at the start of a sell-off or selling at the start of a rally. For a reliable measure of market sentiment, look at how heavily Gerdau S.A. (GGB) is being shorted. Short sellers love stocks that are at risk for declines, and quickly cover at the appearance of support or upside pressure. If the short ratio is small, it is because the market perceives little downside risk. Relative Strength measures the magnitude of a price movement - how strongly the market favors "buying" or "selling" over a specific time.
- Relative Strength Index: 34.75 ... Lower is better, but a low value (below 30) and increasing is best.
- Short Ratio: 2.96 ... Lower is better. Best to wait for a decrease in shorting activity before opening a long position.
After reviewing the above data on Gerdau S.A. (GGB), do a thorough review of SEC filings, press releases, forum posts, and compare it to its peers before trading its stock. In the bisiness of stock trading, there is never enough timely information - keep researching!