Stock Chart, News, Articles, and Valuation Data for CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX)
Chart and Technical Indicators For CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX) Stock
News Articles For CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX) StockIs CONSOL Energy (CNX) Stock a Solid Choice Right Now?
CONSOL Energy Inc. Announces Closing of $1.6 Billion Senior Notes Offering
CONSOL Energy Inc. Announces Preliminary Results of Tender Offer for its 8.00% Senior Notes Due 2017
Improved Thermal Coal Outlook Brings No Relief to Alpha Natural Resources Inc
CONSOL ENERGY INC Files SEC form 8-K, Regulation FD Disclosure, Financial Statements and Exhibits
Arch Coal, Alpha Natural Resources Fall as UBS Goes Cold on Coal
Stocks Rise, Led By Tech Stocks, But Volume Fades
Coal Stocks Rise as James River Declares Bankruptcy, Consol Energy Beats Production Forecasts
Stocks Rally, Stall, Turn Mixed; Consol Energy, U.S. Steel Jump
CONSOL ENERGY INC Files SEC form 8-K, Regulation FD Disclosure, Other Events, Financial Statements and Exhibits
CONSOL Energy Inc. Announces Private Offering of $1.6 Billion of Senior Notes
CONSOL Energy Announces First Quarter Gas and Coal Production; Overall Gas Production up 23%, as Marcellus Shale Production Nearly Doubles; CONSOL Energy Updates 2014 Gas Hedging Position; BMX Mine Began Longwall Production in Mid-March; CO
CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX) Stock Data Updated: April 23, 2014 11:13 am
Currently, CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX) stock is trading at 41.49 and it its valuation is calculated to be 17.11, a potential change of -59 %.
Here is some fundamental data for CNX which is used to quantify the stock's expected price movement and exploit inefficiencies in the market. In this era of computerized trading, new data tends to be "factored in" within minutes, but news, rumors, and trader mentality tend to skew the resulting price action. As the data is sorted out, prices will return to reasonable valuations.
With regards to pricing ratios, we want to know if the price of CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX) stock is low per unit of earnings, sales, and company assets.
- PEG: 3.61 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of earnings growth.
- Price to Sales: 3.05 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of revenue generated.
- Price to Book: 1.90 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of company assets owned.
Considering management effectiveness, quantify whether they operate effectively or are leading the company to failure. To be worth the risk of a long position in the stock, CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX) needs to have a high profit margin, cash on hand to pay its operating expenses, and have little debt. Much of the arnings should be reinvested for the purpose of growing the business.
- Return on Equity: 13.70 ... Higher is better, indicating reinvestment in the company's operations.
- Current Ratio: 1.30 ... Higher is better, but figures above 3 indicate poor usage of company assets.
- Ratio of Total Debt to Equity: 0.63 ... Lower is better; debt is a drag on a gompany's ability to make money.
- Profit Margin: 56.41 ... Higher is better, indicating a company's efficiency in generating earnings.
- Dividend Yield: 0.60 ... Higher is better, though a high dividend payout reduces the return on Equity.
Market sentiment is a factor in timing CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX) stock trades. While it is advantageous to buy on weakness and sell on strength, trader productivity is lost when buying at the start of a sell-off or selling at the start of a rally. For a reliable measure of market sentiment, look at how heavily CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX) is being shorted. Short sellers love stocks that are at risk for declines, and quickly cover at the appearance of support or upside pressure. If the short ratio is small, it is because the market perceives little downside risk. Relative Strength measures the magnitude of a price movement - how strongly the market favors "buying" or "selling" over a specific time.
- Relative Strength Index: 56.41 ... Lower is better, but a low value (below 30) and increasing is best.
- Short Ratio: 5.33 ... Lower is better. Best to wait for a decrease in shorting activity before opening a long position.
After reviewing the above data on CONSOL Energy Inc. (CNX), do a thorough review of SEC filings, press releases, forum posts, and compare it to its peers before trading its stock. In the bisiness of stock trading, there is never enough timely information - keep researching!