Stock Chart, News, Articles, and Valuation Data for Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM)
Chart and Technical Indicators For Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM) Stock
News Articles For Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM) StockAkamai Releases Prolexic Q2 2014 Global DDoS Attack Report
The Company Keeping Your Favorite (And Least Favorite) Websites Online
Will Cisco Help This Cloud Company Conquer Enterprise?
Google's plan to speed up the Web
Google Ventures Plans to Invest $100M in European Start-ups
22 stocks that may be the gems of earnings season
Akamai To Hold Second Quarter 2014 Investor Conference Call On Wednesday, July 30th At 4:30 PM ET
Can Level 3 & Akamai Survive Big Changes in the Network Delivery Market?
Will Net Neutrality Ruin Akamai?
Lewis Black Takes Improv to New Extremes with MobileRider and Akamai
How Verizon Plans to Conquer the CDN Market
The Incredible Shrinking Insider Trading Case
World Cup online: Howard's saves, streaming frenzy
[video] Rise of momentum stocks
Soccer's 'Group of Death' Scores Big on Internet
Akamai Releases First Quarter, 2014 'State of the Internet' Report
Akamai Positioned in the "Challengers" Quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls
Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM) Stock Data Updated: July 22, 2014 5:26 pm
Currently, Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM) stock is trading at 58.95 and it its valuation is calculated to be 16.70, a potential change of -72 %.
Here is some fundamental data for AKAM which is used to quantify the stock's expected price movement and exploit inefficiencies in the market. In this era of computerized trading, new data tends to be "factored in" within minutes, but news, rumors, and trader mentality tend to skew the resulting price action. As the data is sorted out, prices will return to reasonable valuations.
With regards to pricing ratios, we want to know if the price of Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM) stock is low per unit of earnings, sales, and company assets.
- PEG: 2.36 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of earnings growth.
- Price to Sales: 6.26 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of revenue generated.
- Price to Book: 3.85 ... Lower is better, indicating a lower cost to the investor per unit of company assets owned.
Considering management effectiveness, quantify whether they operate effectively or are leading the company to failure. To be worth the risk of a long position in the stock, Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM) needs to have a high profit margin, cash on hand to pay its operating expenses, and have little debt. Much of the arnings should be reinvested for the purpose of growing the business.
- Return on Equity: 11.40 ... Higher is better, indicating reinvestment in the company's operations.
- Current Ratio: 4.60 ... Higher is better, but figures above 3 indicate poor usage of company assets.
- Ratio of Total Debt to Equity: 0.22 ... Lower is better; debt is a drag on a gompany's ability to make money.
- Profit Margin: 48.11 ... Higher is better, indicating a company's efficiency in generating earnings.
- Dividend Yield: 0 ... Higher is better, though a high dividend payout reduces the return on Equity.
Market sentiment is a factor in timing Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM) stock trades. While it is advantageous to buy on weakness and sell on strength, trader productivity is lost when buying at the start of a sell-off or selling at the start of a rally. For a reliable measure of market sentiment, look at how heavily Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM) is being shorted. Short sellers love stocks that are at risk for declines, and quickly cover at the appearance of support or upside pressure. If the short ratio is small, it is because the market perceives little downside risk. Relative Strength measures the magnitude of a price movement - how strongly the market favors "buying" or "selling" over a specific time.
- Relative Strength Index: 48.11 ... Lower is better, but a low value (below 30) and increasing is best.
- Short Ratio: 2.79 ... Lower is better. Best to wait for a decrease in shorting activity before opening a long position.
After reviewing the above data on Akamai Technologies, Inc. (AKAM), do a thorough review of SEC filings, press releases, forum posts, and compare it to its peers before trading its stock. In the bisiness of stock trading, there is never enough timely information - keep researching!